Optical touchscreen technology uses multiple optical sensors to detect the touch point, which registers the touch just before physical contact with the screen. This means that users can apply zero or light touch to the screen to initiate a response, and any input device, such as a finger, gloved finger, pen, or stylus will work.
Optical technology deployed on Elo IDS displays supports 4-6 touches (based on firmware version) and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 in HID mode. Support on other operating systems may require a driver, customers should confirm compatibility and availability of drivers during their testing and evaluation process.
Just like Elo Touch Solutions' IntelliTouch surface acoustic wave touchscreen technology, surface coating overlays are not used on the touch screen surface, which creates a crystal clear image. In addition, scratches on the touch surface will not affect the touch screen operation. This is important for high-use public environments such as lobbies, way-finding or kiosks.
- Delivers a true multi-touch (recognizing up to six* independent touch points with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system), multi-user interactive experience.
- No pressure needed to activate touch response
- Greater than 90% transparency and true color fidelity
- Stable, no-drift performance - no calibration required
- Recognizes touch from virtually any object and scratches do not affect the touchscreen operation
- USB HID device compatible with different operating systems (use chart)
- Interactive digital signage
- Retail and shopping malls
- Hotels and casinos
- Healthcare and medical institutions
- Corporate environments
- Kiosks and self-service system
Available only in Elo TouchSystems 4200L, 4600L and 5500L IDS displays.